Friday 15 February 2013

Arlington Court









                         


























I took a visit to Arlington Court, Devon in the summer time. It has taken me awhile to finally edit the pictures but here they are. As a child I came here a lot, as my mother hen got herself her first job in Devon there. I still love visiting it now and I am always inspired by the beautiful grounds and neoclassical house. Arlington was owned by the Chichester family, and was built in 1820. The house is brimming with precious items, such as the amber elephant, and stunning interiors. The grounds include a walled garden where you can find the peacocks roaming about; the stables in which I spent a lot of time as a child riding on a fake horse carriage; the church and overgrowing graveyard which looks particularly lovely covered in daisies, along with many other places to stroll through. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment